When you bought your first home, you were excited to fill it with the right furniture, accessories, and a few pieces that reminded you of your childhood. As you prettify the place, you start to realize that there is one area in your home that you don’t often pay attention to, at least when it comes to home shopping: the bathroom.
The bathroom tends to get neglected since it is often considered the least glamorous area in your home. As a homeowner, you know better.
Here are 13 essentials your bathroom should have:
1. Lights – A chandelier may not be the best option inside the bathroom, so make sure your bathroom has ample supply of light as you navigate around the area.
2. Trash Can – You can go for a simple trash bin or try looking for ones with funky designs.
3. Shower Curtain – This one comes in a variety of designs, assuming you didn’t go for sliding doors. If you want quick concealment, an opaque shower curtain is your best bet. Otherwise, a sheer or neutral shower curtain is enough. It won’t hurt if you go for fun graphic prints, too.
4. Bath Mat – Whether you want to hide your floors or you simply want to prevent slips inside the bathroom, a bath mat must be durable and able to withstand the feet walking on it.
5. Toothbrush Holder – This ensures that your toothbrush stays in place and won’t come in contact with the floor or the sink.
6. Mirror – Depending on your needs and lifestyle, you can go for pivot mirrors, mirrored cabinet for additional storage, framed mirrors, or even vanity or makeup mirror.
7. Towels – This one depends on your preference. You can invest in plain, neutral colors or go for towels with patterns and prints. The same goes for hand towels.
8. Storage Solutions – Aside from the mirrored cabinet, consider mini book shelves, bins and baskets, or even a bedside table for additional storage inside the bathroom. You can also maximize the area under the sink for storage.
9. Soap and Shampoo Holder – To keep things tidy in the shower area.
10. Wall Hooks – Hang it behind the door to keep your used towels or clothes in place.
11. Hand Soap – For frequent hand washing.
12. Hamper or Laundry Basket – Where else do you plan to keep your dirty clothes? It comes in a variety of designs that will suit your taste.
13. Cleaning Supplies – This includes toilet brush, toilet plunger pump, and bathroom cleaner among others to keep the area clean at all times.
Check out The SM Store for a variety of bathroom essentials available for your home.
Ayi is a former law student turned freelance writer, mompreneur, and stay-at-home mom. When her kids are in their most behaved state, she documents her adventures as a mom on The Momma Chronicles, tries to bring out her inner kitchen goddess, do her best to put her kids’ toys in appropriate boxes, and makes her home as organized and clutter-free as possible.
Prices are subject to change without prior notice.